- Initial case: 3 weeks 31 August, 2021
- Submission of findings & presentation: 20 September, 2021
- Strategy creation based on openly sharing all submissions: 27 September, 2021
- Submission of strategy: 17 October, 2021
- Final presentation & Reward Ceremony: 19 October, 2021
The Quest is split in two sprints. The expected deliverables of the Quest team are as follows:
This sprint is mainly based on ideation, research and the creation of a first use case for a country and industry of your choice (please include the reasoning for choosing a particular geography and industry/sector).
- Ideate on ways how to tackle the problem in general
- Based on a use case of your choice
- Characterize the problem
- Analyse existing data by sourcing data on how companies and their locations are connected
- Describe a first solution: populate a first applied ontology with information retrieved from commercially-free data
Data may be provided via Github to Swiss Re or any other channel you consider as appropriate. We also expect anon-specialist-readable short document describing the approach, data sets, etc.
After the first sprint, all participating teams will receive the chance to share their method and research results with one another in a joint online event. Based on individual team results, the jury will decide on solidifying individual team’s approaches, licensing additional data and reward distribution for sprint 1. Moreover, the jury will determine which teams will be invited to sprint 2.
One of the main challenges will be how to transpose a concept from one region/industry to another and hence generalize. There might be significant differences in availability of data (take the U.S. for example that generally has lots of data available which might not be the case for other countries). In sprint 2 the emphasis will be on transforming your gained knowledge towards a global, scalable approach which translates into tangible business benefits.
- Workshop with talent teams, Swiss Re and Mindfire to frame the 2nd sprint and shape deliverables of 1st sprint to be suitable as input for the 2nd one
- Create a first reusable model (based on a specific industry, region)
- Implement your model – workable prototype
- Describe your solution/way in a concept supported by a data flow/logic of the model visualization OR code